Sunday, September 5, 2010

Update on the Bourbon Cookies

When I originally made the bourbon cookies, I used the drop method.  They made wonderful little rounded biscuits.



I had a ton of leftover dough, though, so I rolled it all into logs and popped them in the freezer.  Last night, while house cleaning, I decided to bake the rest of the bourbon cookies.  I sliced them out this time, since they were already shaped.  The effect was wonderful.

The thinner, flatter shape combined with slicing of the dried fruit allowed more fruit to come in contact with the pan, and they caramelized a little bit, and were amazing.

I regret to tell you that they were so delicious that no photos were taken before they were consumed; however, it did occur to me that not everyone would want to use liquor in their icing as well as the cookie.  A few tablespoons of orange juice should do just fine.

<3,
Nutmeg

1 comment: